REOPENING STORE TO CUSTOMERS ON MONDAY 22nd JUNE
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding over the last few months. We know that shopping here has been challenging for some of you since the Covid-19 restrictions came into place.
We are happy to announce that we will reopen to customers from Monday the 22nd June.
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays 9am to 5pm
Tuesdays and Thursdays 9am to 5.30pm
We will resume Saturday trading from the 4th of July, 9am to 12pm.
Email orders will continue to be available. Orders in by 2pm can be picked up the following day between 2.30 and 4pm. Orders will still include the packing fee of 10% or maximum of $10.00.
In store customers: you can bring your own jars and containers again.
As the Coop shop is a high risk store due to the self service & high touch nature of many surfaces,
we encourage you to be aware of the following guidelines.
- Maximum of 4 customers in store at any one time.
- Please avoid entering the shop if you are unwell with flu or cold like symptoms.
- Sanitize your hands on entry and exit.
- Practice social distancing with other customers and staff.
- Use one scoop for your shop then put it in the “dirty scoops” bucket to be washed.
- Take extra care when filling from open barrels and containers.
- Be as efficient as you can to reduce wait times, avoid long conversations.
- Supervise children if shopping together.
- Avoid handling fresh produce unless you are purchasing it, use a compostible produce bag over your hand and take it with you
We look forward to having you all in the Candelo Bulk Wholefoods once again and really appreciate your support.
We could not do it without you!
Details of our email ordering procedure are here.
Our stock list is available here.
As a not-for-profit Cooperative we aim to run an ethical business, providing the community with food that is affordable, wholesome, organic, local where possible and with minimal packaging. We aim to ensure the long term viability of this service and to provide secure employment to our members.
food in bulk
This means wherever possible our products will be unpackaged and available in bulk. This helps to reduce waste, pollution and unnecessary destruction of forests. You are encouraged to bring your own containers to support this philosophy. Any items that we package and label in the shop carry an extra 50c charge, so you can choose.
Food that has no or minimal processing, chemicals or additives.
locally grown food
We aim to provide products grown locally in the Bega Valley and then prioritise Australia produce. This means food will be fresher, have less food miles, use less fossil fuels and be better for you and the environment. This also helps support business and employment locally.
organically grown food
Healthier for you and kinder to our planet, organically grown food does not use imported chemicals that consume fossil fuels, damage soils and water catchments. It taste so good as well.