We are currently open for customers to do their own shopping. See below for details.
You can place an email order and pick up if you prefer to not come into the store.
Email orders – Orders in by 2pm can be picked up the following day between 2.30 and 4pm. Orders will include the packing fee of 10% or maximum of $10.00.
In store customers: you can bring your own jars and containers again.
As the Coop shop is a high risk store due to the self service & high touch nature of many surfaces,
we encourage you to be aware of the following guidelines.
- Maximum of 4 customers in store at any one time.
- Please avoid entering the shop if you are unwell with flu or cold like symptoms.
- Sanitize your hands on entry and exit.
- Practice social distancing with other customers and staff.
- We encourage customers to wear masks.
- We prefer eftpos payment, but we are accepting cash.
- Use one scoop for your shop then put it in the “dirty scoops” bucket to be washed.
- Take extra care when filling from open barrels and containers.
- Be as efficient as you can to reduce wait times, avoid long conversations.
- Supervise children if shopping together.
- Avoid handling fresh produce unless you are purchasing it, use a compostible produce bag over your hand and take it with you
We look forward to having you all in the Candelo Bulk Wholefoods and really appreciate your support.
Details of our email ordering procedure are here.
Our stock list is available here.
As a not-for-profit Cooperative we aim to run an ethical business, providing the community with food that is affordable, wholesome, organic, local where possible and with minimal packaging. We aim to ensure the long term viability of this service and to provide secure employment to our members.
food in bulk
This means wherever possible our products will be unpackaged and available in bulk. This helps to reduce waste, pollution and unnecessary destruction of forests. You are encouraged to bring your own containers to support this philosophy. Any items that we package and label in the shop carry an extra 50c charge, so you can choose.
Food that has no or minimal processing, chemicals or additives.
locally grown food
We aim to provide products grown locally in the Bega Valley and then prioritise Australia produce. This means food will be fresher, have less food miles, use less fossil fuels and be better for you and the environment. This also helps support business and employment locally.
organically grown food
Healthier for you and kinder to our planet, organically grown food does not use imported chemicals that consume fossil fuels, damage soils and water catchments. It taste so good as well.